fot

TR4A need help identifying differential

To: "FOT" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR4A need help identifying differential
From: "Bob Kramer" <rgk@flash.net>
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 1999 18:59:47 -0600
I'm trying to identify the version of locking differential that came
with my TR4A race project car and I need some help. What do the initials
cMp, cMd or cMb stand for? It is in good working order, but it may need
something other than GL4. I'm not sure if I'll keep the 4.88 gears. Are
there tracks where such low gearing might be an advantage? This car was
converted to an A/X car so that may explain it. I also have some special
IRS rear axles that appear to be in excellent shape. They have no
splines, but look standard otherwise, with a threaded cap similar to the
one on the end of a driveshaft. I need to look at these closer, but I
guess I won't be sending 1K to the UK for an uprated pair of axles.

Bob Kramer
Hill Country Triumph Club
rgk@flash.net