fot

Re: My mistake - pic available

To: "''Friends of Triumph' '" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: My mistake - pic available
From: "jonmac" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 1999 21:21:38 -0000
Just for the record guys, on the matter of the Gloria, we
have one at Gaydon that has been on loan from its owner for
about a year. It's a 1935 Gloria 'Monte Carlo.' I
photographed it soon after it arrived and I'll happily send
it on to anyone who wants a copy. Mail me off-list and I'll
consolidate the replies for a mass send out. As the car's
located on the 'Time Road' in the Museum, the only shot I
could get of it is just off head-on. A profile pic would
have the crowd barrier going across the middle of the pic -
and destroy the beauty of its line completely.
Interestingly, its registration is KV which is a Coventry
number alpha prefix and one has to assume is original. It
makes me wonder if, by any chance, this might have been a
'works' car early in its life? Not necessarily a 'works' car
in the interpretation of being a competition car - but a
demonstrator or even a sales department 'hack' or test car.

Jonmac