fot

Re: BRM

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: BRM
From: Bob Lang <LANG@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 1999 16:27:42 -0500 (EST)
Hi,

I was watching/listening to the Speedvision coverage of the Goodwood
Revival, 1999 edition, and I had to relate this tidbit.

I went into my kitchen to grab a root beer, and at that point heard the
most glorious engine sound eminating from the "sens-a-round" stereo - I
blurted out - "Wow! a BRM V-16!"... sure enough, Nick what's his name the
drummer was trying to get his BRM running - sounded great while it was
working!

What a sound.

I'm gonna go home and play Grand Prix Legends tonite - that's the closest
I'll probably come to a BRM for the time being.

FWIW, the coverage of the event appears to be a two or three part show -
so far I've only seen what appears to be the first one - no coverage of
the Sir Jack formula car incident... It was pretty funny watching Alan
Decatenais (sp??) punt a car off at the chicane with his Conalt. Well,
funny in a morbid sense.

Sheesh... that stuff's expensive!

"Real vintage", I guess.

And I would love to go to that event maybe even more that the hillclimb
event in the spring... Hmmmm.

rml
Voice: (617)253-7438    FAX: (617)258-9535     |