fot

This Old TR4A

To: "FOT" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: This Old TR4A
From: "Bob Kramer" <rgk@flash.net>
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 1999 17:12:37 -0600
As suggested a wise Amici, I have decided to "jack up the number plate
and roll another body tub under" my rusted out TR4A. I found a 4A
project car that had reached terminal shipwrights. It is straight and
rust free, and I was able to get the complete body less bonnet, primered
frame and the differential (should be a 4.10, was O/D car) for an
exchange of cash plus the un-restored frame I was going to use. I'm off
to a running start. Will get these parts this weekend.

The Texas FOT is growing. I've  been moaning about being lonely down
here, but in the last month, I sold my TR3A to another Texas driver who
will race it in CVAR, found out that an ex-SCCA guy from PA is building
a TR4A in Houston and yesterday another Dallas area CVAR member asked
the Triumph list if anyone knew of a nice restorable post 60,000 comm.
No. TR3 for sale to convert to a racecar. TX TR's, on the move!

Bob Kramer
Hill Country Triumph Club
rgk@flash.net