fot

MG/Triumph Challenge

To: JELehman@ix.netcom.com, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: MG/Triumph Challenge
From: N197TR4@cs.com
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 1999 00:10:16 EST
"Got  the '00 MidOhio Schedule today.  It looks official that the MG/Triumph
Challenge will return in June.

John Lehman
'68 Triumph GT6"

--------------------------
Thanks for the e-mail, John,

Great set up! Finally...!!!

I think that Mark Palmer (The MG Side) has had some contact with SVRA, as he
stays a bit closer to this kind of thing, than I do.

Although I heard from Mark about this, I have not been proactive in this plan
and have not heard directly from SVRA.

I think last years 'contest' was a success (TRs won) and Alexander Racing had
an great amount of fun doing it, as well as participating with Mark Palmer in
organizing it. Obviously the gate receipts are talking to Mid-Ohio and SVRA
...this is good for all of us. Mark & I were approached, before the end of
the weekend, about a repeat.

I thought I would sit back this time and wait....in 1992, the first time
Alexander Racing & Ceilley Racing ran this event. It was a great and
unsurpassed event as a "Triumph Featured" Marque. The success repeated itself
as the "MG/Triumph Clash" in 1999. But it needs support from the FOT and some
encouragement from SVRA and Mid-Ohio. I dont "push ropes" easily.

I think it could repeat itself, again, but it needs some impetus from some
significant participants. I would help coordinate such an event, if this
interest exists among the FOT. As best that I can tell, at this moment, this
weekend could be available to me, but I DO plan on participating in the
Blackhawk Classic at Blackhawk Farms with my family, in a prior weekend.

What say the FOT?  Would someone with greater ability or capacity like to
take the reins? This would preferable to me, but I would lend support.

This is a lull in the season and the fever will pick up as we go out and
prepare to KICK ASS in Y2K... or make flatulent and ineffective noises on the
track, depending on your level of preparation.

Who is in? Time to make a list...

Joe