fot

RE:

To: "Friends of Triumph" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE:
From: "Jack Brooks" <brooks@belcotech.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 1999 07:18:07 -0500
> .  The logo can be seen at Mordy's new site
> > http://www.fot-racing.com/, but... the flag on the right IS
> SUPPOSED TO BE
> > checker flag instead.
> >

> What would life be without controversy....Dissent is the mark of
> individuality, creativity and freedom....But, democracy has a place.
>
> What say the masses--Leave the logo as is or change to that other
> logo with
> the checkered history?   (btw my car has the checkered logo on it.).
>
> Personally, I like the flag as is.  My vote is non-checkered.
>
> mordy

Mordy, et al,

Please don't get me wrong, my comment was more of a good natured poke than a
criticism.  I just hate when I forget to add the "<sarcasm>" after a
sarcastic comment.  (kind-of-like forgetting to put it after the "Hey, it's
nice to be the King" reference on sizing the static cling decal, whoops!)
Personally, I like to see the checkered flag, but not being totally familiar
with all of the signal flags, some of the meaning is lost on me.

If you like it better, I vote keep it.  It's a striking logo either way.

Jack (wondering where I can see a full explanation of all the signal flags)
Brooks
1960 TR3A
1974 Norton 850 Commando
Hillsdale, NJ