fot

Re: More sad news

To: "Paul Richardson" <Paul-Richardson@cyberware.co.uk>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: More sad news
From: "jonmac" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 1999 21:58:49 -0000
Paul Richardson wrote:

>Friends
>I found out yesterday that Vic Hammond, The Chief Stylist
of  Standard
>Triumph from 1956 to 1960 passed away last Wednesday.

I echo the sentiments Paul so eloquently expressed in his
post. Sadly, I only knew Vic by reputation because he and my
own Dad had much to do with one another in those now far off
days. Dad always spoke very highly of Vic's skills and liked
him immensely as a man. I'll be using parts of Paul's
tribute on a little A4 placard which will be placed on the
Standard Eight at Gaydon tomorrow.
After that, I will ensure it is passed on to his two
daughters.

Jonmac