fot

Re: Replacement Bearings for TR4 Diff

To: emanteno@attglobal.net, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Replacement Bearings for TR4 Diff
From: Malaboge@aol.com
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 1999 15:28:47 EST
emanteno@attglobal.net writes:

<<
 I ordered a set of replacement bearings for my TR4's differential from The
 Roadster Factory. Naturally, they had some and backordered the others.

Irv-

I know you don't wanna here this...but
the pinion head bearing that most everyone sells for about the $40 range, is
not really the correct bearing. It can be made to work, but will be a bear to
setup. The problem is that the original bearing is setup to be fitted to the
shaft and as such has a special designation (S on the Timken bearings). The
correct timken brg runs about $140, but will allow proper setup. I have seen
non S style bearings used and in one case, the shaft of the pinion was ground
down by hand to make the standard bearing work, a very unfortunate sight.

if its not one thing ...its another
      Nick of Nor Cal