fot

Re: Peerless GT @ Le Mans..&...TRs at Mid-Ohio

To: fot@autox.team.net, vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Peerless GT @ Le Mans..&...TRs at Mid-Ohio
From: N197TR4@cs.com
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 1999 23:52:07 EST
Baxter,

Ah yes! I believe you brought this up once before.

I noticed it, but filed it away, in the recesses of an increasingly feeble
mind.

My cybernet fishing expeditions are more fruitful than with my pole in my
hand.

There must be some interesting history behind this "Peerless" that might
prove interesting to the two guys in the Mid-west and potentially to the
gentleman in Colorado...and all of us.

If you are so inclined to do research, this might lead somewhere.

Now.... who knows anything about the Canadian TR based specials? I think they
were known  as "Arnolds" and there are two of them I believe. One, I think,
is in Colorado running with RMVR.

Finally, the fot needs to peruse Mordy's dynamite website as it's development
is on an exponential curve, with great information and photos. Take the time
when you get a chance.

http://www.fot-racing.com/

Joe Alexander

Baxter's e-mail below:

"Well,
There is a "Peerless"; a square-framed, TR-3 based, definitely Ambro-bodied,
sports racer that is owned by the Wilburn Bros. of (I think) Cypress, CA.
that has been a regular participant in the Monterey Historic Races each
August.  At one point I had their address and supplied it to Bill Ames, who
recalled either supplying an Ambro body or fabricating a square-tubed frame
for one of his Ambro's.  Although I have competed on every West Cost vintage
venue, I have only seen this car at the Historics.  There, the Wilburn Bros
always enter their car as a "Peerless".  If anybody wants to contact the
Wilburns, I could do a massive search of my desk top, all files at hand, and
those in storage and come up with their address.