fot

Re: Check out Triumph Vitesse www.home.earthlink.net/~jmcadory/vitesses.

To: Amici Triumphi <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Check out Triumph Vitesse www.home.earthlink.net/~jmcadory/vitesses.htm
From: Andrew Mace <amace@UNIX2.NYSED.GOV>
Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2000 22:53:08 -0500 (EST)
On Mon, 3 Jan 2000 John Frymark wrote:

>     I stumbled across this web site for 2.5 litre Trans-Am B-sedans in
> vintage racing. It's a nice looking site. I thought you might want to link
> from your site to the page on Triumph sedans for more competition information:
> <A HREF="http://www.home.earthlink.net/~jmcadory/vitesses.htm";>Click here:
> Triumph Vitesse Race Setup</A>. Besides, the home page features a Datsun 510
> getting passed by a TR4, and that always looks good to me!

I finally had a chance to check this site out. Interesting, especially the
text about the production history of the Vitesse. Wait a minute...that
text looks familiar. Where have I seen it before? OH YEAH, on the VTR web
site, under the Triumph Herald & Vitesse section. Maybe the fact that I
penned said text is why it looks so familiar, huh? It's about a 99.2%
verbatim "quote" (except for lack of acknowledgement of said quote). :-)

The real tip-off is the fact that I have, for almost five years since I
first had that text put up on the then-fledgling VTR site, left in place
a glaring error of fact. (Free beer/drink/soda -- your choice -- to the
first person on this list who can spot the error. Clue: it has to do with
wheels.)

I think I will send a nice e-mail note to "jmcadory@earthlink.net" and
suggest that he either a: remove that text and place a direct link to the
Herald/Vitesse pages of VTR, or b: give proper credit to VTR and place a
direct link to the Herald/Vitesse pages of VTR. I'm not particularly
angry, but the copyright notice is fairly obvious throughout the VTR site.

--Andy