fot

Re: THIS JUST IN/ JFK and others So too!!!! Walter Conkrite TerryMoore P

To: <N197TR4@cs.com>, <trhouse@greenapple.com>
Subject: Re: THIS JUST IN/ JFK and others So too!!!! Walter Conkrite TerryMoore Paul ...
From: "Irv Korey" <emanteno@attglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2000 06:38:43 -0600
-----Original Message-----
From: N197TR4@cs.com <N197TR4@cs.com>

>The first car that Dan Gurney raced was a TR2 with 18k on it, reportedly
rode
>hard and put away wet....but he won some stuff with it.
>
>Augie Papst was an early TR pilot..drove to the track, made some
competition
>changes, and drove it home. He subsequently sold a new Red TR4A to Kent
>Howard...the one we made the 4,500 mile West Coat trip in last Fall.
>
>Ann Margaret drove a white TR3A in Viva Las Vegas. Mine came from the West
>Coast originally....I wonder sometimes.
>
>Phil Hill also drove a TR early on, I believe.
>
>This could be an interesting thread......

I believe David Hobb's first factory drive was for TRiumph.

Jimmy Conners and Chris Evert each won TR6's 1 year for winning Winbledon.
The cars were delivered with factory hardtops. I bought the one off of
Evert's car from Gold Coast Imports of Pompano Beach, FL. in the 70's (at
least that's what they told me).

Irv