fot

Re: Rear Spring Dearching

To: "Joe Curry" <spitlist@gte.net>, "Friends of Triumph" <FOT@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Rear Spring Dearching
From: "R. Kastner" <kaskas@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2000 10:26:05 -0800
Having been there, done that, I found that I could get the correct ride
height by taking out or replacing one or even two of the small leaves of the
spring.  Also its really easy to de-arch the small leaves in a hydraulic
press. Just measure along the leaf at two or three inch increments and press
to a given pressure so that both sides are the same.  Measure then from the
center for the amount you have de-arched and it will allow you to be right
on the money for your ride height and still keep  close to whatever rate you
want.  OR you can to the movies and forget the whole thing.