fot

Air Filter choice?

To: fot@autox.team.net (FOT)
Subject: Air Filter choice?
From: GuyotLeonF@aol.com
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2000 17:33:16 EST
Friends, Romans & Countrymen,

I have come to the conclusion, following recent discussion on the list  that
I am be well advised to change from my present exponential type ram
pipes/velocity stacks,  to newer full radius type ram pipes...

I have been wondering how well they will fit under my present K&N filters
(50mm deep on my Vitesse, due to lack of space)...and whether I should change
to either ITG filters - from Coventry, (UK) or Pipercross, from Northampton
(UK).

Anyhow, after digging around on the net for a while, I found the following of
interest:

Daniel Levitin writes: > Well, it's time to replace my air filters on the old
Stromberg
> CD150s, and I thought i'd find out what other people have
> experienced. Do you recommend sticking with the cardboard type, or
> going to the washable foam type? Any difference in air intake?

Attached below is some recent discussion from the British-cars (SOL) list
regarding foam air filters. Hope it helps,
--
T.J. Higgins     | tjhiggin@ingr.com         | (205) 730-7922
Intergraph Corp. | Mapping Sciences Division | Huntsville, AL, USA