fot

Re: Air Filter choice?

To: "TeriAnn Wakeman" <twakeman@cruzers.com>,
Subject: Re: Air Filter choice?
From: "R. Kastner" <kaskas@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2000 11:09:47 -0800
Nothing against managment, as they at least paid me for the usual 8 hours
time on a annual basis ( I was shown on the personal roll as Service
Supervisor) but the budget in the begining was one dollar for each car sold
the previous year. The first year that was about $25,000.  The top managment
did encourage me and that was something that no other manufacturer was doing
at the time. I dide have a couple people who really believed in what was
going on...Mike Cook in the New York office was a great supporter and
without his editing there never would have been that first competition
manual.  I was also free to buy any tools or equipment that I wanted as long
as I bought it with MY own money. But it worked out okay.  The only thing
that made me mad was although I bought all the tools and equipment ( and it
was precious little) on my own, the company refused to list the stuff on the
insurance policy. Interesting days and it did take some dedication.  Harry
Webster, Chief Engineer at the factory was my hero though and sent me an old
DPX 3 dyno from the testing shop.  Wow, we are on our way. All I had to do
was figure out how to make all the stuff it takes to install it and then how
to run the blasted thing.  Yup, interesting times.