fot

Re: Exhaust Wrap

To: GuyotLeonF@aol.com, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Exhaust Wrap
From: WEmery7451@aol.com
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2000 10:06:34 EST
In a message dated 1/31/00 11:04:03 AM Pacific Standard Time,
GuyotLeonF@aol.com writes:

<< << It seem you hve already heard from most folks that the wrap is a bad
deal  >>

My headers consist of four tubes, which become close together in front and
under the starter motor before running into a single collector (as opposed to
the two into two configuration).  I have wrapped the portion to the headers
where the four tubes are close together (as a group, not individually) for
the past several years without any noticeable bad results.

My main goal was to reduce the amount of heat to the starter motor, and
hopefully in turn to reduce the number of fried starter motors.  I am now
using the compound super starter, and maybe should remove the wrap.