fot

Re: Frame Question

To: sbracing@execpc.com
Subject: Re: Frame Question
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb@cs.utah.edu>
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2000 03:14:20 -0700 (MST)
Sounds like a good road trip, BBQ, blues and brew!  [Pugs, we *have* to do
a brisket or two this year!]

A few years back, I went to look at a TR4.  It had an 4A IRS rear end, but
the front was definitely TR4, being basically a TR3 frame with extra box
sections welded to the outside to widen the track.  I didn't bother to look
too closely at the center where the two distinct generations of frame must
have met.  So, I would say it is possible to mate a TR4 frame to a 4A frame
somewhere in the middle.  My concern would be that somewhere down the line
some tech inspector, having a bit of TR knowledge tucked away in the recesses
of his brain, will question the origin and legality of such work.

mjb.