fot

Re: FOT Recommendation-John Wagner

To: "Friends of Triumph" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: FOT Recommendation-John Wagner
From: "John Macartney" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2000 01:41:46 -0000
Bob Lang wrote:
p.s. about the "dumb luck" aspect of your post - I agree 100%. I'm not
talking about that paticular episode, but rather the whole process... of
course, what to most of us do for enjoyment now?? Strap on around 2000
pounds of metal and then go and try to make it go fast. Hmmmm. There's a
theme there somewhere!

Fully agree, Bob. I've spent most of today examining a number of Williams
Formula One
racing cars going on display at Gaydon. I've come to the conclusion that a 3
litre V10
engine developing the better part of 800 horsepower at 18000rpm in a car
weighing about
500 kilos fully laden AND strapped to your backside to do all this, has to be
the best
laxative known to man.

Jonmac