fot

Fuel Cell Questions

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Fuel Cell Questions
From: Bob Lang <LANG@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2000 13:33:02 -0400 (EDT)
Hi,

I've started installing my fuel cell and I have a few questions. If
anyone can spare a few moments, I'd appreciate some feedback on the process.

The cell came with no instructions, that's all well and good, we all know
what a fuel cell should be doing... hopefully. I'll also probably call
Pegasus and/or Fuel Safe later today - just for yucks.

But I bought a "surge tank" along with the cell, that presumably slips
into the bottom of the tank - no problem with that. The problem is that
the surge tank occupies a relatively large area that is currently filled
with foam.

I guess the question is - how do you cut the foam in such a way as to
insure a "proper fit" for the surge tank "box" and more importantly, how
do I insure that I don't relase little tiny pieces of "stuff" into the
tank in the process.

Seeing that I spent a few hundred $$$ on this project, I don't want to
screw it up.

BTW - is anyone out there running a Fuel Safe Pro Cell without the surge
tank - if so, do you get any fuel starvation problems? Do you use
multiple pickups? Is the single pickup adequate? Is the surge tank
"overkill"??

I know this is pretty basic, but I thought I'd ask anyway.

TIA.
rml
Voice: (617)253-7438    FAX: (617)258-9535     |