fot

Uglies (was SP250)

To: "FOT" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Uglies (was SP250)
From: "fredd" <fal@hiwaay.net>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2000 21:24:24 -0800
I send this yesterday by mistake to Paul R. instead of to the list as
response.

Paul wrote :

> It's the same over here Jack. There's more life in a tramp's vest than
> there is in the styling departments this side of the pond. 90% of cars
> produced seem to have the same boring, unimaginative shape - no style.

 Speaking about Ford.
Somewhere in the early 80's, was it '82 or '83, I was at the Brussels Auto
show with the Ford Sierra premiere,  it made my stomach turn over. For the
US readers, this was the car that became here later the Merkus X4i. (sp?)
That day I promised myself that if all cars would become like that, I would
never buy one of those jellybean-designed car.

 > They've been overproducing for
> years, but overproducing cars with no style or character.

 Sad but true.

 fredd
PS :still in love with my real Land Rover and Range Rover, that's a
conservative class act design.
PSS : still don't like the new style Range Rover.