fot

2.5 PI Saloon

To: "Triumphs List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: 2.5 PI Saloon
From: "Bob Kramer" <rgk@flash.net>
Date: Sat, 4 Mar 2000 10:17:45 -0600
I've finally gone and done it. I've been looking for a family Triumph for a
while, and I was unable to convince the wife and kids that a 2000 Saloon was
a good choice, but won them over with a 1972 MK II Saloon. The story behind
this car, as told by the seller, is that a GI bought it in Italy and brought
it stateside, titled as a 1965 2000, and converted to 1.5" Strombergs. It's
LHD, and in fairly good shape. The PO rebuilt the engine and tranny, had the
interior redone and the paint looks OK for now (Valencia Blue), but it has a
couple of running problems which I must sort out due to mis-matched part
combinations. has the 150HP PI cam from the rebuild, but the carbs just
don't match well. I also detect a smell of fuel, but no leaks, and the
speedo and tach seem off. Anyhow, since the MK II cars were never imported
into the US, I am wondering if the seller was right in his assertion that
this is the only LHD MK II Saloon in the USA. Anyone know of others?

Bob Kramer
TR6, TR4A, 2.5 PI Saloon
rgk@flash.net