fot

Re: "Rover may be a Triumph"

To: bwarner@mediaone.net
Subject: Re: "Rover may be a Triumph"
From: "michael l. cook" <mlcooknj@bellatlantic.net>
Date: Tue, 07 Mar 2000 22:38:33 -0500

> Everbody knows Rover was a dog!!  B. Warner

At the risk of sounding like I have no sense of humor, the Rover SD-1 was the
BEST
family car I have everdriven. the 5-speed version would go like hell, hold as
much
baggage as a station wagon and was comfortable. Replacing the gas-filled shocks
at
the rear was essential (like the late 1980s Jaguars) but it was  a wonderful
car.
Just not put together very well and that was endemic to the British car
industry.

Poor BMW. They are too German to know what to do with British cars. Plus their
executives don't know when to stop talking. Or not start!

The Triumph name is probably almost gone here. Not being disloyal but I don't
understand why they aren't selling something with an MG badge in this market.

Mike Cook