fot

RE: Morgan

To: "'Paul Richardson '" <Paul-Richardson@cyberware.co.uk>,
Subject: RE: Morgan
From: Jim Hill <Jim_Hill@chsra.wisc.edu>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2000 08:52:24 -0600
Paul Richardson wrote:

>We've  had sneak preview of Morgan's new
>car, and it's an absolute masterpiece in
>my humble opinion -a complete delight. It
>still retains the Morgan '30's' ambience
>with what I call 'tasteful flamboyance.'
>IT LOOKS LIKE NO OTHER SPORTS CAR, and
>I'll bet it will be a resounding success
>on world markets ESPECIALLY THE STATES.

You wouldn't by any chance be referring to the Morgan Aero 8 that was shown
at the Geneva Show (and on the cover of the current Autoweek), would you?

The new Morgan that looks like a cross between a chopped, channeled and
sectioned 1930's Ford and Scrooge McDuck's cartoon limosine, with a faux
Morgan radiator in front of the BMW twin cam engine?

I think you've finally posted an opinion with which I have to disagree :-)
Making a wonderful 1950's hairy-chested sports car into a retro 1930's opera
cruiser does not strike me as a move guaranteed to secure Morgan's future -
perhaps the factory's time would be better spent trying to reduce the still
years-long backlog of orders for "real" Morgans.

Jim Hill