fot

FW: Roll Bars and suspension stiffening??

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: FW: Roll Bars and suspension stiffening??
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2000 22:27:54 -0800
I have not had a problem in Oregon, Washington, or Northern CA with my
semi-cage which does include a cowl hoop and intrusion bar as well as
removable extensions that connect to the shock towers. Any sanctioning body
that prohibits cowl hoop and intrusion bars seems to be playing a funny
game. Sure, they increase rigidity somewhat, but that's a damn sight better
than increasing fatality.

Of course the rest of my TR3 now needs to be converted back to something
much closer to stock since SOVERN decided to enforce their rules (after
years of very light lip service). All that fiberglass has to go, and they
find my wonderful Wilwood superlight calipers to be completely outrageous.

Oh well, at least I've got Peyote to play with while I make it all better.
If they decide to change the rollcage rule I'll stop racing the TR3
entirely. I like my head where it is.