fot

NON-TECH - Re: FOT/VTR Trip Report

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: NON-TECH - Re: FOT/VTR Trip Report
From: "Bill Sohl" <billsohl@smtp.interactive.net>
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2000 15:06:37 +0000
Joe Alexander wrote:
> The flying quadrangle of Triumph driving retirees went to Oklahoma VTR
> Regional. (It was a quadrangle, as there were four souls in tandem, driving
> Kent Howard's long term TR4 and Uncle Jack's TR6) Co-pilots were Joe and Aunt
> Frances.

(SNIP)

> At the end of about 50 miles of intense road course type terrain, we found
> ourselves in Sparta, MO. While putting some air (as an afterthought) in
> Kent's tires we discovered a new FOT member. Bill Preston and son Jason.
> Bill, the owner of the station, has a TR6 lurking in one of the bays. SCCA
> prepared and emblazoned with TRF decalomania, it holds some fast lap records
> in E-Prod at Heartland and Las Vegas. I love these accidental meetings.
> Almost "Twilight Zone", if you think about.

Reminds me of our trip to the VTR National in
NC some years back.  7 TRs left NJ and we exited the
interstate to gas up in PA.  This was several days before
the meet was to start.  Within a few minutes, in drives
a small contingent (4 or 5 cars as I recall) of TRs from
the New England area, also enroute to the National.

Now what do you figure the odds are of that happening?
(sound of theme music from Twilite Zone playing in
the background :-)

Funny thing too, the routes to the national we were
following ONLY converged for some roadways
in the PA area.  Each group had differnet prearranged
plans for the rest of their route to the national.

Cheers,
Bill Sohl