fot

Transmission vibration

To: "Paul Richardson" <Paul-Richardson@cyberware.co.uk>
Subject: Transmission vibration
From: "John Macartney" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2000 23:30:03 +0100
Paul Richardson wrote:

>When the Herald came out it had many a problem including tranny vibration
>that could nearly shake the car to bits and open doors etc..

Eh? EH?! What do you mean - "when it first came out?" Propshaft vibration was a
Doorlock
Dick "i'erent fault" - and I remember it was so bad on my Mum's 13/60 in 1968
that it
actually shattered an egg custard into component parts on the boot floor. Mind
you, the
MGB that hit her broadside on after she'd discoverec what had happened to Dad's
after
lunch pud didn't do much to restore the egg custard to its original shape - and
it
modified the Herald in a way that Michelotti never contrived. Took the
passenger's door
right up to the handbrake. Made me pretty sick too. I'd ordered the car for
myself, chose
a second hand 4A in preference and Dad hadn't paid me for the Herald at that
time. Worked
out as quite an expensive afternoon for him. Nothing like buying a car that's
an insurance
write-off and you can't drive it.

Apart from that, congrats for remembering the balancing procedure with the jube
clips