fot

NON-TECH, was ...and Resonance

To: billsohl@smtp.interactive.net
Subject: NON-TECH, was ...and Resonance
From: N197TR4@cs.com
Date: Sun, 9 Apr 2000 14:30:17 EDT
Absolutely Bill Sohl!!  (His text below) I had your experience and it lies in
the dark recesses of my mind as I cant remember when or where, but sound of
the two TR exhausts playing off of each other was almost a sensual
experience...almost but not quite.

Weather Report From Iowa.......Shirt sleeves and shorts on Thursday while
fertilizing the lawn....3-4" of snow on Friday....melted on
Saturday....T-Tops off the aging rice rocket on Sunday.

It's Iowa and it is spring....

Joe
<< Joe wrote:

 Speaking of resonance, or perhaps syncronization
 in some cases, the neatest sound impact I had
 some years back was when I and a friend were
 traveling back from Savannah GA.  Linda and I
 had our TR-3A and Al Stryeski and Kathy had their TR-4A.
 The close and periodic sncronization of the exhaust
 notes was incredibly similar to that you hear when
 they run movies of a squadron of fighters in
 formation where the engines are droning almost
 at identical RPMs and drift into and out of
 complete sync.  This was especially apparent running
 north through the cuts on I-77 where the sides of the
 cuts in the terrain served to reflect the exhaust noise
 even more.

 Cheers and happy warm weather...would
 you believe it snowed here this morning?

 Bill Sohl