fot

British Cars Found!

To: Spitfire List <spitfires@autox.team.net>,
Subject: British Cars Found!
From: Susan Hensley <susan@bearcom.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2000 16:36:27 -0500
Hi all!

I have come across a stash of British cars for sale and wanted to pass
the info along if anyone is interested.  Here goes:

Mayflower -- not sure of year.  No title.  ~95% complete but rough
(stored outside).
Rear window crazed from BB gun of neighbor boy.  Black. $1000.

'60 or '61 Standard 10 -- Has title.  No real rust.  Ran and drove 3
years ago when put up, but gas tank was pretty corroded and leaked
badly.  It's currently out of car -- he tried to fiberglass it but it
still leaks.  Car stored inside.  Primer grey.  Looks pretty decent.
$2500.

1963? Herald convertible -- has title.  Stored outside, soft top holey
and rockers rusted.  Floorboards probably shot.  Running when put up 5
years ago.  White?  $600.

19?? Anglia -- has title.  Good condition, looks good.  Needs points or
something electrical.  Runs and drives otherwise.  Has original radio.
Light blue.  I'd buy it in a heartbeat if I had the discretionary
income. $2000.

19?? Anglia -- has title.  Not as good as first one, but still in good
shape and solid.  Is not driving, no specified reason.  Light blue.
$1000, or $2800 for both.

1964 TR4 -- has title.  Complete except for non-original seats.  Runs
and drives, always kept inside.  Has a little rust on top of left rear
fender (fin part, by taillight).  Dark blue?  Looks pretty good.  $3500.

1959 Austin Healey -- has title.  Beautiful car, restored recently,
driven
daily.  Trans rebuilt but clunks in 1st and you have to hold down lever
in reverse. Light metallic blue. $16,000.

He also has an old Subaru that resembles an Isetta (I want it too!!
Where's my Lotto ticket?!?), and several old Jags.  If anyone wants more
info, please send me your phone number and I will give it to the owner.

Keep Triumphing,
Susan   :)