fot

MG/TR Challenge-Mid-Ohio

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: MG/TR Challenge-Mid-Ohio
From: N197TR4@cs.com
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2000 10:57:06 EDT
I'll try to make this short....

June 22-25  Sprint Vintage Grand Prix at Mid-Ohio

Carl Jensen, Competition Director for SVRA, called yesterday to confirm and
encourage the MG/Challenge II. This is a good event for us and them, racing
or spectating. If you do not have on your calendar, please give it some
thought.

Some notes on publicity:

Triumph World: Brett Johnson, US correspondent for TW, has mentioned this
event in a few columns and will be on hand to cover it once again in June.

Victory Lane: Greg Petrolati has this assignment for Victory Lane magazine.

Grassroots Motorsports: Tim Suddard will be there and hopes to launch his
TR3A GRM Project Car at this event.

English Channel: VTR's editor of the EC, Kent Howard and his son will be
running this event.

British Car: Burt Levy covered this event last year for British Car and I
suspect that he he will do so again.

SVRA's website is   http://www.svra.com/    it will provide all of the
information and links you need to enter or attend.

I am trying to place a special emphasis on the attendance of what I call
"Special Triumphs".

Some that come to mind:

Ambro, Peyote, Thunderbolt, Arnold, La Dawri, Italia, Peerless, Le Mans TRS.

While they might not all might race, there might be an opportunity to set up
a static display of  special MGs and TRs during the weekend. Let me know who
will be coming and Mark Palmer (MGs) and I will discuss.

Note:  SVRA membership is waived as a requirement for entry for this event.

If you are into multiple weekends of racing, especially if you want to
combine some races due to long distance traveling. The Blackhawk Classic is
the prior weekend and Mosport is following...then Gingerman on the weekend of
the 7th of July.

Enough for now...just do it!

See you there.

Joe Alexander