fot

Fw: History of my racecar

To: "'FOT'" <fot@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Fw: History of my racecar
From: "Roger Beasley" <beeline@iline.com>
Date: Sun, 7 May 2000 22:43:52 -0400
FOT'ers

Re:  Triumph at Bahamas Vintage Event

I wonder if any of you were at the SVRA Bahamas event in 1990?  Or, if
there was in fact, such an event?
When I purchased the car, the log book was fairly new and began with
John Lucas, the person I bought it from.  He knew only the name of the
guy from whom he purchased it (but I have since forgotten).  He also
told me he was the third or fourth owner and it was believed the car was
originally prepared in 1971 by Rick Cline, here in Florida for a young
man who was still in college.  I should have paid more attention but
just wasn't that interested as the car wasn't represented as having any
particularly interesting history.

I'm not even sure what the original color was as it was restored by John
in 1994/5 and was taken down to bare metal.  The car is now BRG with a
yellow chin.  There are pictures in the TR4 section of the FOT website.
If anyone has any ideas about the past history of the car, particularly
if it did in fact race in the Bahamas, I would appreciate hearing about
it.

Thanks for your help.

Roger Beasley
Cape Coral, FL