fot

Re: Fw: triumph questions

To: rmartindale@gotrinity.com
Subject: Re: Fw: triumph questions
From: "Mark J. Bradakis" <mjb@phase.cs.utah.edu>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2000 00:19:54 -0600 (MDT)
I'm assuming you meant to type gotrinity.com, and not gotrintiy.com in your
address.  We'll see if this gets anywhere.

There are quite a few resources available over the net for Triumph folks.
such as sptifires, triumphs, and british-cars.  The spitfire and triumph lists
are fairly large, over 1,200 on the triumph list, about 500 on spitfires.
Both tend towards a lot of useless clutter masking the real information,
and can generate a fair bit of traffic.  I think both lists have searchable
web archives at http://listquest.com in the Automobiles section, assuming your
internet access includes web capabilities.  Listquest was having some troubles
last week with sporadic connectivity, things may be better.  Assuming that the
spitfire list is available, you may, for example, wish to search for the
phrase "thrust washers."  Actually, given that the Spit 1500 motor is a lot
like the TR6 motor, with two cylinders missing, you could search the triumph
list archives as well.  Subscription to the various lists can be arranged,
send a plain text message to majordomo@autox.team.net with the word 'help'
as the text of your message, details will be mailed back to you.

Other web sites to check out might be www.vtr.org, and www.team.net/sol

mjb.