fot

Re: Roll Bar Pickup Points

To: "Henry Frye" <thefryes@iconn.net>
Subject: Re: Roll Bar Pickup Points
From: "jaboruch" <jaboruch@netzero.net>
Date: Fri, 19 May 2000 12:58:35 -0700
Henry,  on my TR3 I have the cowl hoop mounted to outriggers, but not the
stock ones.  I have a plate welded to the top of the frame, projecting out,
and then gussets coming down to a larger plate,which is welded to the side
of the frame.  At the outer end, they are also welded to the inner rocker
panel.  You are welcome to stop by and see my car, next week.  I will be
racing (it looks like in the rain) at Pocono this weekend.
    With your bars, going rear to the wheel arches, you may want to consider
having them go back to the frame in the boot.  This would be stronger, and
better to stiffen the frame.  The bars would need to be at least at a 30
degree angle to the main hoop, and within 6 inches of the top of the main
hoop. On my TR3, they make it without having to cut the rear deck. You may
also want to run a diagnal bar from the top of one side of the main hoop, to
the bottom of the otherside, for more strength.  My SCCA rule book is
already packed in the trailer, but I think SCCA would require it.  I Know
that you are not racing SCCA but they require it for a reason.   Joe