fot

Brian Redman's Jefferson 500

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Brian Redman's Jefferson 500
From: bwarner@mediaone.net
Date: Mon, 22 May 2000 21:15:45 -0400
Just got back from my initial outing in the ex-Group 44 TR-8.  Had a lot
of help from Group 44 Register man, Rick Ostman, and Russ Moore and his
crew.  Car ran flawless (although there is about 15 hours on the engine)
and was turning 1:21's at Summit Point. Finished fith OA, second in
class behind a Matich Can Am car (Big Chevy) a pair of SCCA Trans Am
Porsche 944 GTR Turbos (500+ HP) and a Chevron B-16.  All you FOT's will
be glad to know that we beat seventeen various Porsches (from early
911's to  a 935 and a few RS's in between).  Lots of nice English car
fans at the event.  We felt like the "Un-Cola" of the day.  The TR8 is
typical of all Group 44 projects....well sorted out and as dependable as
an anvil..........all the Lucas stuff has been replaced.   Bill Warner