fot

Re: negative camber

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: negative camber
From: Tony Drews <tmccis@REVEALED.NET>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2000 22:20:45 -0500
Another way of adding negative camber without sawing the upper A-arms is to
bolt a
large piece of angle iron to the holes at the top of the spring perch where the
inner
side of the upper A-arm normally attaches.  Make sure that the upright face of
the
angle iron is somewhat inboard of the normal pivot location (like maybe .100 to
.150
inch?).  Bolt the stock inner pivot piece (trunnion?) to the vertical face of
the
angle iron - you'll need to rotate it 90 degrees from its normal orientation.
You
can then use shims between the angle iron and A-arm attachment to adjust the
camber.

Upon re-reading my description above, I find I've confused myself.  I think I
can
draw this up as a jpeg and send it to anyone interested.  This is not my idea,
but
when I saw it on someone else's TR-4 I was impressed with its simplicity.

- Tony Drews