fot

RE: Fluidfilled harmonic dampers

To: "'John and Mary Wagner'" <jonma@dotnet.com>
Subject: RE: Fluidfilled harmonic dampers
From: Jack Wheeler <jwheeler@seidata.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2000 06:50:35 -0500
I personally don't have any experience with viscous dampers, however, I
believe Mike Belfer used to run one on his TR-3.  Bill Dentinger, can you
help?

On flywheels, I can help.  In my SCCA race car, I used an aluminum flywheel
drilled out for a second dowel pin.  The hole is already in the crank for
one.  I also used longer dowel pins so that they would stick through the
flywheel by about 1/8" when fully installed.  I also used the stock
locktabs for the flywheel mounting bolts, fitted so that each locktab was
mounted across the top of one of the dowel pins.  Essentially this was to
keep the dowel pins from backing out.  I used locktite on the flywheel
bolts to keep them from loosening up.  I used the stock flywheel bolts.
 Once I went to this setup, I never had a flywheel come loose.  Good lick.