fot

Dual DCOE setup

To: Friends of Triumph <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Dual DCOE setup
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2000 09:39:52 -0700
A couple of weeks ago I asked about the recommended setup for dual 40 DCOE
carbs on a Spit 1296 engine.  I got several responses for
which I am grateful.

In the meantime I have checked the carbs that I have against the
recommendations.  I had some spare pieces and replaced some to make
the carbs conform more to the recommendations than they previously did.

They are now configured as below:

Chokes           30
Aux. Venturi     4.5
Emulsion tube    F16
Main Jet         115
Air Jet          150
Idle Jet         45F9
Pump             35
back bleed       0

The only two deviations that are made from the recommendations are:

Air Jet is 150 rather than 155
Idle Jet is 45F9 rather than 45F8

I didn't have either of these two parts to replace and wonder what sort of
results I can expect using this particular setup.

Thanks,
Joe (C)