fot

Non-Standard TR Head

To: Friends of Triumph <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Non-Standard TR Head
From: Wes Dayton <wdayton@attglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2000 09:56:33 +1000
We've run into what appears to be a non-standard TR head and are
wondering if anyone can shed some light on what it might be.  Recent
notes have indicated that all TR heads measured 3.330 inches from head
surface to valve cover surface before any milling etc.

This head currently measures 3.415 inches and we are quite certain that
.130 has already been removed, which would mean it started out at 3.545
inches.  Measurement of the current combustion chambers at 56 cc would
tend to indicate roughly the same as if you had removed .130 inch from a
TR head, but we are confused by the measurement.

The only markings we found on it is a casting mark that looks like
"L160" or maybe it's "L100".  In another place there's an "A".

There were heaps of Vanguards in Australia, but any of those we've seen
have a different manifold bolt pattern, and this is clearly TR, so that
doesn't seem to be the answer?

Just thought maybe someone out there might have a clue about what we
might have here (he's been running this head on his 3A for many years).
Any thoughts appreciated.  And no silly Australian jokes about us
exaggerating everything!