fot

Re: Team Srappy Update

To: beaver@spillmanco.com
Subject: Re: Team Srappy Update
From: "" <greenman62@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2000 15:11:45 PDT
>From: Tom Beaver <beaver@spillmanco.com>
>To: triumphs@autox.team.net
>Subject: Team Srappy Update
>Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2000 08:29:07 -0500
>
>Team Srappy(Steve & Janet Hedke) arrived in Noblesville, Indiana late
>yesterday around 7:00. I got there in time to see them driving under The
>Great Race portable finish line.
>
>They said Thursday's time was there best of the race, Also mentioned that
>weather had brought them a lot of rain and yesterday was the first day
>without precipitation. They also mentioned that there were a lot of Triumph
>people that they had seen and talked to but it was mostly all a blur.
>
>Tom Beaver
>Indy

   I met the Hedkes in Danville yesterday noon (got a photo of them
   coming through the arch which I'll try to post as soon as it comes
   back from the developers They were progressing nicely... top up with
   more nasty rain scheduled for later in the day.

   I passed on a couple of FOT decals (they already had a static cling
   decal proudly displayed in the window) and my last T-shirt to them
   and let them get on with lunch...

   They were happy with their progress up to that point. I couldn't say
   the same with the Allard team who must have been having a hard go of
   it. Both were sitting on the curb on oposite sides of the car. The
   driver was smoking a cigarette, the naviagtor going through the
   instructions lining out instructions. When i tried to talk with them
   (I kind of like Allards) they would only grunt answers in
   monosylables).

   Greg

Greg Petrolati Champaign, Illinois       1962 TR4 (CT4852L)