fot

REAR END

To: Amici Triumphi <fot@autox.team.net>,
Subject: REAR END
From: jmwagner <jmwagner@greenheart.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2000 18:37:49 -0700
As I suspected...  while working on replacing my transmission... I have
discovered that my rear axle needs to be put down....  (I will be sure
to be humane.)   I have a 67 solid axle TR 4A.

I had managed to acquire a back-up rear end last year...  just in
case... so I don't need to worry about the ultimate condition of this
core.  I would, however, like to get the back-up one rebujilt.

I don't have the proper facilities to tackle it myself... so I'd rather
send it out.  I would like to hear recommendations.   I don't mind
spending a little extra, for a job well done...

My car has been laid up for over half a year now... so I'd rather find a
domestic rebuilder... though I'd consider the UK...   but I really don't
want to wait many months for a turn around.  (I know, sometimes, you
just have to be patient for quality work, but I really need to get back
behind the wheel!)

I would appreciate open forum shop recommendations.

--Justin Wagner

Any thoughts about "Dana Spicer Europe"... that bought "GKN Axles Ltd."
in England?