fot

Re: Spitfire Silicone Valve Cover Gaskets

To: jmwagner <jmwagner@greenheart.com>
Subject: Re: Spitfire Silicone Valve Cover Gaskets
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2000 10:52:38 -0700
Justin,
On the front of the engine, the water pump housing where the thermostat mounts,
is right up next to the outer lip of the valve cover.

I have ARP head bolts on my engine and they are small compared to the stock
ones,  So the clearance there is sufficient to clear your
3/16 inch dimension.

There is a water tap on the rear right of some heads for a heater hose.  With
the hose installed, it comes within the 3/16 dimension
that you mention.  In fact it is right up against the aluminum valve cover on
Huxley, my street Mk1.

Nothing else interferes.  But on later Spitfires there is an air rail assembly
that is tapped into the head.  I don't have one that I
can measure but that may be a problem.  Hopefully someone on the list has one
that they can measure.

Regards,
Joe