fot

'Vintage' FOT drivers

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: 'Vintage' FOT drivers
From: "Paul Richardson" <Paul-Richardson@cyberware.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2000 12:47:24 +0100
Hi gang

I've been asked to write an article comparing F1 and sports car racing in
the 50's and 60's with that of today, and part of the article will point
out how things have changed - and where I think 'fun' and 'camaraderie' is
still to be had in motor racing. Having been professionally involved in
international motor racing as a humble race-mech in a bygone era, I make no
bones about the fact that, these days, I prefer classic car events to any
other. As part of this article, I've decided to exemplify how, in my
opinion, the fun of international motor sport in the 50's and 60's lives on
in the classic racing scene of today.

Thus, it would be interesting to find out those members of the group who
have been racing their Triumphs over the longest period (to provide me with
a TRIUMPH example of just how popular classic racing is). This information
would doubtless be of interest to FOTer archivists. For instance I know
Bill 'Dangledonger' has raced 'old blue' since 1981 (19 years and in over
180 races). I suspect FOTers like Hardy Prentice, and Jack Wheeler etc.
have also been 'Triumphing' for aeons.

To make things easy, perhaps the best thing to ask is for those members of
the FOT who have been actively racing Triumphs for the last 15 years or
more to e-mail back a simple message stating:-

-date of first race
-Type of Triumph/s raced
-roughly how many races driven
-age