fot

Vintage' FOT drivers

To: WEmery7451@aol.com
Subject: Vintage' FOT drivers
From: N197TR4@cs.com
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2000 15:02:44 EDT
I wish I could be included in this 'august group', but I only drank beer at
Road America in the 60s, but autocrossed and rallyed a TD and other old
British Iron.

Uncle Jack and Francis should be included in the profile as they "walked the
walk" all of the way through to Vintage Racing...they will be retuning from
Hawaii by the 12th of July....Celebrating 40th Wedding Anniversary of
marriage and nearly the same in racing.

Joe Alexander

<< Many thanks in anticipation.  Paul>>

 Hi Paul,

 I made it through driver's school on May 2 and 3, 1964 in the same 1959 TR-3
 (http://www.fot-racing.com/tr3/index.html) that I am racing today.  It was
 never mashed up so badly that I couldn't fix it.  I shouldn't brag about
this
 because it may go up in smoke the next time out.

 I never experienced any great success like Hardy Prentice, Jack Wheeler, and
 others; but I have been participating for a long time by nickel & dimeing
 along, building all my engines, transmissions, and finally a couple of
 differentials.  Of course, the machine shops would cut the heads and cranks,
 balance rods and pistons, etc. I am sure that there are some other old
 Vintage creatures who have been at this hobby longer than I have.  Maybe
your
 FOT efforts will flush them out of the wood work.

 Log books started in 1972.  I can count 88 weekends.  Of course, some of
them
 were DNF's and "breaks" in practice.  For the years from 1964 to 1972, I
 would estimate at least four race weekends a year.  It was not until the
past
 17 years when transferred to the nuclear plants that it was necessary for me
 to sometimes write "sorry notes" to SCCA to get back my license for not
 completing enough races in the year.

 Good luck in your data processing.  Bill Emery

 --part1_a7.5287fec.268b8866 >>