fot

Re: Conversion of TR3 to R&P using TR4

To: EISANDIEGO@aol.com, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Conversion of TR3 to R&P using TR4
From: "R. John Lye" <rjl6n@server1.mail.virginia.edu>
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2000 06:52:17 -0400
Hi cary,

At 11:31 AM 6/29/00 -0400, EISANDIEGO@aol.com wrote:
>     Do any of you know of available printed instructions to convert TR3 to a
>TR4's rack and pinion ? Any advice from people who have done this on street
>cars or race cars? Is it accepted on racecars?

My understanding is that using the TR-4 rack is problematic, since it is
really a bit too wide for the TR-3.  I know of folks who've used a Sprite
rack (Chip Bond for one), and there is a company that sells a bolt-on
kit to do a rack and pinion conversion for the TR-3, but I don't know
what rack they use.  If you'd like the contact info for the company that
sells the conversion kit, let me know and I'll dig through my saved files
for you.

Hope that helps,

John Lye
rjl6n@Virginia.edu