fot

GT6 Transmissions

To: FOT@autox.team.net
Subject: GT6 Transmissions
From: Gt6steve@aol.com
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 08:36:01 EDT
Amici, particularly fellow GT6 racers,

A recent spate of transmission failures has had me thinking more than usual
about how to extend the life of our small gearboxes.  Parts are getting short
and at least my club rules state the case must be as original.
That rule puts out a lot of options so I started thinking about straight cut
gears being custom made.  They do it for Spridgets and TR's after all.
I'm happy to report I found an outfit that will do the work for us,
reengineer the box for Straight cuts with synchros-all for a piddly $5000.00
for each set.
Now I figure if we all chip in we can buy one set and share it-I'll be in
charge of shipping it off so we'll each have it for our races, like a library
book.  In the event of scheduling conflicts I'll just keep it that weekend
and we'll move on!  Good idea Huh?
So if you'll all just start shipping your money over we'll get started, Steve

Just joking of course but not nearly as funny as that price!  You can still
ship money, however...