fot

Re: VTR2000

To: elkhorn@megsinet.net, fot@autox.team.net (FOT)
Subject: Re: VTR2000
From: GuyotLeonF@aol.com
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2000 17:12:47 EDT
In a message dated 18/07/00 22:02:58 GMT Daylight Time, elkhorn@megsinet.net
writes:

<< Subj:     Re: VTR2000
 Date:  18/07/00 22:02:58 GMT Daylight Time
 From:  elkhorn@megsinet.net (David C. Wingett)
 To:    GuyotLeonF@aol.com

          Please tell me more about your clutch set up.

>>>At present the clutch friction plate is a bonded TR6 race item on a TR6
input/1st motion shaft (the one with a few splines), and a TR6 White Spring
heavy duty clutch cover...this arrangement makes for a somewhat heavy
operation, even with the TR6 master and slave cylinder.

We are 'soon' fitting an AP Racing clutch friction plate (pt. # CP5352-5, but
difficult to read!), it has 23 splines, (and a Triumph 2500 Sedan input/1st
motion shaft AFAIK), we are still using the TR6 White spring heavy duty
clutch cover, but instead of the usual clutch release bearing carrier on
fulcrum pin, we are using a proprietary, (make n/k by me yet), coaxial
hydraulic clutch release bearing carrier. (an engineer friend is making the
thing up for me).
This set-up should serve to make the operation that bit more pleasant and
stop me developing differently sized legs!

 I have a close ratio  trans I'm VERY happy with from Vessey Vehicle in N.
Lincolshire. It has a 23  x 1" spine. I'm using a Tilton 7 1/4" single disk
and I was told that there  is an AP double disk with an hydraulic throw out
bearing available. If so
 let me know what the Hot set up over there is.
         David W.

>>>As a matter of interest could you tell me what the ratios are on your c/r
gearbox?
just curious.
BTW if it helps you any, www.apracing.com is their URL
and email is sales@apring.co.uk

I have NFI, this is just for info'

ps. I will post more details about my set-up, as and when they become
available to me.

Best Regards

Léon

Triumph Sports Six Club
International Liaison Secretary
1963 Triumph Vitesse 2-Litre Convertible
Wimbledon, London, England.