fot

Portland or Bust

To: BillB@bnj.com
Subject: Portland or Bust
From: N197TR4@cs.com
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2000 15:34:19 EDT
Bill

We are packed and prepared to leave.

Loaded the Stupid Useless Vehicle (SUV) and I am borderline Grapes of Wrath
as I have secured some body panels, for you, to the roof rack.

I think we should dedicate the Babcock BBQ to the memory of TR4 #59 and hold
a Celebration of Life in honor of Tony Drews. I wish Jack, Frances, and Tony
were able to be with us in Portland. I am seldom seen without them being
nearby.

While at Road America, I think Jim Hill made the decision to fly in, as did
Ernie Husmann. I dont know for sure, but I suspect Irv Korey has a undue
influence on his friends.

New Texas FOT Jeff Schmidt will be flying in as well as Susan Hensley. I
suspect that they will coming in as much for the influence of FOT as the VTR
convention.

Friday night seems to be quite clear and the BBQ does not seem to be in
serious conflict with Portland VTR Planning as we had hoped.

FOT All....we are outta here (Iowa), heading for Loveland, Steamboat Springs,
Montpelier, ID, and Snoqualmie, WA. Hope to see everyone starting on
Wednesday of VTR Convention. Friday night should be a high point due to the
gracious Babcock's of Portland.

Regards,

Joe & Linda