fot

Re: Ford 8" Rear Axle

To: <JHarkness@aol.com>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Ford 8" Rear Axle
From: "Irv Korey" <emanteno@attglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2000 20:01:44 -0500
----- Original Message -----
From: <JHarkness@aol.com>

> Seems to me that Ted Schumacher had some opinions about that.
> Surprised we haven't heard from him yet

Ted is travelling in CA, but I will catch up wit him in Portland next week.
He DOES have some ideas, he once mentioned to me that MGB axles are splined
where they go into the hub (no taper and no keyway) and that the axles and
hubs can be made to work on a TR4 (or 3), and that those axles are stronger
than the TR axles. When Chip Bond had the new TR axles made, I thought this
became a moot point.

Ted or I will report on this modification soon.

Irv