fot

TR3 Rear Brakes

To: "Friends of Triumph" <FOT@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR3 Rear Brakes
From: "jaboruch" <jaboruch@netzero.net>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2000 23:56:08 -0700
Amici, I'm still trying to sort out my rear brake situation but I've
confused myself..  Which way should I be changing the rear wheel
cylinders to improve the rear braking.  From what I have read and
calculated I should go to a larger wheel cylinder for more braking.  A
while back, Ted S. made the comment that I should change to a smaller
wheel cylinder.  Is there any concensus amongst the group?

On another topic the Webers worked out GREAT!!!  At Watkins Glen I was
7 seconds faster than I was last time there. I qualified with a
2:20.5.  We raced during heavy rain so race times were very slow.  I
started 2nd in class and 4th overall.  ON the 1st lap I made it up to
first in class only to spin in the chicane.  I was able to make up for
most of my spin and finished 2nd in class and 5th overall.
Fortunately for me I was not the only one up front that went for a
spin and fortunately for all there was no serious damage.  Now with
all this new found power the rear axle situation is more of a concern.
Are they mostly breaking at the outer end?  A couple seasons ago I
found one that had twisted at the differential end at the splines.
Joe (B)

Request a CDROM  1-800-333-3633