fot

Re: Friday, August 4th, 2000

To: "T.R. Householder" <trhouse@greenapple.com>
Subject: Re: Friday, August 4th, 2000
From: "michael l. cook" <mlcooknj@bellatlantic.net>
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2000 11:06:41 -0400

"T.R. Householder" wrote:

> QUEEN - WAVE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!       SMILE WITH SMIRK!!!!!!!!!!
>
> Mike Jackson wrote:
>
> > Irv Korey wrote:

Not funny, guys!

Since this sort of stuff gets spread all over the internet how about a little
respect for someone who has been a positive force in the world for a century.
She
and her husband, George VI, were at least equal to Churchill in ralllying the
British people during World War II, stayed in London during the Blitz and
generally distinguished themselves as leaders. She has certainly put up with a
bunch of problems since!

When I was a kid growing up in Canada, the Royal couple stopped in Ottawa to
dedicate a monument to Canadian soldiers and my parents and I went to see them.
saluted her then and I salute her now.

Note that she had a tie to Triumph as well since her husband Knighted Sir John
Black.

Mike Cook