fot

Re: Spit parts needed Calling Russ Moore et al

To: Mark J Bradakis <mjb@cs.utah.edu>, :rem9 <rem9@sunlink.net>
Subject: Re: Spit parts needed Calling Russ Moore et al
From: "T.R. Householder" <trhouse@greenapple.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2000 20:53:19 -0400
Sorry sidescreen spoken here.
  What is the difference???????????? "Spitfire 1296, or the Spitfire 1296? "

   The engine going together is FE 32663.The nut fits a 3/4 inch thread at
the end of the crankshaft and appears to have an 1 1/8 inch shoulder bout
3/4 inch long. have two good 1296  engines and one bad 1500 engine. Neither
1296 engines have all the timing chain cover area stuff.   Also need
Crankshaft nut, sealing washer , slinger and timing chain cover for FE
84204. I assume that a small narrow copper washer fits on the nut to lock
and seal the the nut seating surface. can't find a picture in my reference
stuff.( Can't find spit pics in a Doreti manual.) Sorry to step, out of my
experience/ inventory- but it's the neighbors car story etc. Thanks for the
help. The only other thing that this needs is the hook on the side of the
cowling that the bonnet locks onto missing drivers side and also no shims.
I'm only working on this because it is to nice a car to use to send to the
landfill . no holes in the floors or batery box but could use a left rear
frame section. Orignal top tonneau and hood stick cover 70Kmiles etc ok for
a  1977 1500 that has been in storage since  88.

Thanks for the input. et al

T.R.

Mark J Bradakis wrote:

> Is this for the Spitfire 1296, or the Spitfire 1296?  They are different.
>
> mjb.

Salutations!

You're really sliding now, working on Spitfires. I understand what
you refer
to as the Crank nut, but can you elaborate on the "sealing washer"
or even
better would you possibly have a reference number from any catalog.
I'm sure
I have them, they're the same on the Mk 1 and 2 1147's also. I
jusst want to
make sure we're both talking about the same pieces. Send me your
address so
I can snail these to you.
Will you be at Watkins Glen?

Squadron HQ