fot

Spit 1300 questions

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Spit 1300 questions
From: Susan Hensley <racespit@netzero.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2000 21:09:11 -0500
Hi all!

Thanks to Bill for a GREAT party at his place in Portland -- I really
enjoyed "disappearing" through the bookcase to appear down by the
legendary Peyote -- you really know how to make a group of Triumph
people happy!  And the view was gorgeous!!  I was really glad to see old

friends and put names with new faces.  And what a fun thing to find out
Kas isn't really 10 feet tall and tattoed all over with the Triumph logo

-- I just *thought* he was! ;)  What a great guy.

On to the meat of the subject: I will be putting together the race block

this fall/winter in preparation for the CVAR series next season and had
a few questions, since I have temporarily misplaced my competition
manual(s).

On the 1300 small-bearing block -- should the crank be turned to a
specific overage?  If so, to what?

Do the Spit pilots recommend on-block oil filters, or external to the
block?  When I got Tristan he had the oil filter up front, on the
outside of the radiator bracket.

Any tips or tricks to have done to the block before it leaves the
machinist?  (I will find my competition manual and follow it before I
have the machinist do anything else -- I am getting ready for a garage
sale and the study is a wreck right now so the manual has gone missing
temporarily).

Chris/Pat Ryan -- LOVED seeing and hearing that Spit perform at
Mid-Ohio!!!  Do you have any tips you can share on preparation?

Thanks so much for the help!!!  I appreciate it!!!

Keep Triumphing,
Susan  :)

Request a CDROM  1-800-333-3633